Welcome to Regisfall, this guide will cover the basics of starting a new character and what to do once you get in-game.
Some frequently used / helpful commands:
- ]charinfo - Displays the character information gump.
- ]expbar - Displays the experience bar gump.
- ]exp - Displays your character level, current experience, and experience required for next level.
- ]feats - Opens the feat menu. This is a major aspect of character progression on Regisfall.
- ]perks - Opens the perk menu. This is another main aspect of character progression, though not as important as feats.
- ]conceal - Allows the player to conceal their identity, provided they are wearing the appropriate style helm or a hooded robe.
- ]grab - Allows you to grab and drag another player.
- ]hunger - Displays current character hunger level. A hungry character will have poor stamina regeneration.
- ]language - Allows the player to change which language their character is speaking.
- ]cooldowntoggle / ]ct - Informs a player when a feat cooldown has expired and is ready to be used again.
- ]skillcaps - Displays character skill values/caps for gathering/crafting and main skills.
- ]playercount / ]pc - Displays number of online players.
- ]roll - Performs a 1-100 roll and reads number as a system message to yourself and any party members.
- ]friends - Opens the Friends List gump.
- ]findrp - Opens the Find RP gump, allowing you to locate other roleplayers.
- ]skilldrop - Opens the Skilldrop gump, allowing you to manually lower skills at 1% per click.
Once you have read the rules and have created your account, begin by creating a character. Be careful when entering your name, this cannot be changed later. Note that skills/stats picked during OSI character creation will not be kept and you can skip through that part quickly. Once your character is created, you will arrive at the creation room where you will have to find the creation book which will allow you to choose a race and class(see picture below).
Races: There are four Races to choose from on Regisfall, these are restricted by alignment as follows:
- Human - May be any alignment
- Elf - Must be Neutral or Good alignment
- Dwarf - Must be Neutral or Good alignment
- Orc - Must be Evil alignment
Classes: There are currently eight Classes to choose from on Regisfall. These Classes determine your characters skill caps and also set restrictions on what types of items(such as armor) you will be able to wear, and whether you can cast spells, etc. Each Class has at least two unique subclasses to choose from once you reach level 10, granting you access to new feats and abilities.
Regisfall uses a Leveling System. You will begin life as a level 1 with 0 experience points. Gaining levels will award Perks, Feats, and stat points. Use the ]exp command to check your experience/level at any time. The max level is 20.
One of the main progression systems on Regisfall is the Feat System. You can access the feat menu by using the ]Feats command; which feats are available to you will depend on your race/class combination. As this is one of the most important methods of developing your character mechanically, it is crucial to spend these points carefully. Every character gets one free feat reset, but you should try to plan your feats out best as possible, further resets are costly.
Note: A red orb indicates you do not currently have the feat.
As you can see in the Crafter Feats page above, crafting is trained through feats on Regisfall. This means there is no crafter or merchant class as such, but rather any of the standard classes are able to learn various crafting skills through feats. Every character begins life with 1 free craft feat. It is also important to note that beyond the base skillcap of 1000(1100 for Humans), every character may take up to 120 bonus crafting skill, and 105 bonus gathering skill. This means you may fully train 1 craft skill, and 1 gathering skill without having any penalty of spending feat points or dropping other skills.
Abilities and Subclasses
Abilities are new to the feat menu on Regisfall. They are bonuses/free feats which are awarded to the character based on class or subclass. By default, most base classes have 2 free ability feats, more will show up after selecting a subclass.
Subclasses are also a new feature on Regisfall. Each of the base classes have 2 subclasses, which you are able to choose between upon reaching level 10. While still retaining all(or most in some cases) of your existing skills and knowledge from your base class, selecting a subclass allows you to further specialize in a specific discipline. Your subclass selection does not require a feat point, and may be selected in the same manner as any other feat.
Note: A blue orb indicates you have the feat/ability.
By pressing the red arrow in the upper-left corner of your screen, you will open the quick access bar which will give you access to things like your paperdoll, inventory, journal, etc. One of the main new features on Regisfall is the world map. This is part of the ClassicUO client and has a number of markers on the map to show points of interest. Current markers show cities/towns, banks, barber shops, resource node locations, pvm hunting areas, questers, castles/forts, voyage ships. You can right-click the map to disable certain markers or to access other options.
Getting Started in the World
- Starting Equipment
Upon completion of your character creation, you will arrive at your racial city. You will have some basic starting equipment in your bank box, find the icon on the world map to locate the bank.
- Gaining Experience Points
Generally the best way to gain experience is to hunt creatures. On the world map, theicon indicates a low-level hunting area, while the icon indicates a mid-high level hunting area(these are easier with small groups). There are also numerous unmarked spawns around the world which can be managed by low level characters. Quests are also a great source for experience and often involve killing creatures around the main hunting areas, they are indicated by a on the world map.
Gaining experience is not limited to slaying creatures however. Methods such as healing other players, or crafting items can prove to be a viable way of leveling up; it is possible to achieve beyond level 10 through just crafting, with not too much time invested.
Note: While in a party, any creature killed by your party members will award you experience without requiring you to deal damage to it. You must be within 20 tiles of the slain creature and be within 3 character levels of the party member who killed it.
- Acquiring Gold/Better Equipment
On Regisfall, we operate within a player-driven economy. This means that apart from being able to purchase the basic essentials from NPC's, all buying/selling can only be done between players and player vendors. Town NPC's do not purchase goods. The most common methods of generating gold are: Hunting, treasure hunting, lockpicking dungeon chests/lockboxes, completing SOS bottles from fishing, searching for hidden caches, completing quests.
Once you are on your feet and have gathered some gold, it is recommended to take up a crafting/gathering skill and buy a vendor stall or house to place your own player vendor. This is one of the best methods of making gold, allowing you to sell things you find or craft to other players. If you're having trouble finding something or there isn't much available in your town, just ask in Discord and somebody will be more than happy to help you.
- Traveling Around the World
There are various methods of getting around the map more quickly than running on foot. Most players decide to simply purchase a mount from another player, or tame one. Taming is restricted to Druids and Rangers, so any other class will likely have to purchase one. Stabled pets are saved via a deed and can be claimed at any Animal Trainer NPC; player vendors will often sell mounts in deed form. To increase your proficiency in Riding, it is recommended to invest some Perk Points into it, this will reduce(or remove entirely) the chance to fall off while fighting, depending how many points you invest.
Note: Mages can summon their own horse with the Summon Creature spell. The Cleric subclass Zealot receives the Sacred Mount ability as a subclass bonus.
Apart from riding a mount, there are a few fast-travel systems available:
- The icon on the world map indicates a Voyage ship, these sail along a pre-determined route to a set destination for a small fee. Any tamed creatures/pets will be pulled along for the ride.
- Mages may utilize the Gate Travel spell to access numerous pre-determined gate locations(while on the surface map only).
- Clerics with the Soul Summon feat may summon a party member to their location from anywhere on the map.