Death works differently on Regisfall compared to OSI. Rather than turning to a ghost when you die and requiring resurrection, you instead are knocked out(KO'd). This causes the screen to turn black until you regain consciousness. Death is still possible by other players or if you have accumulated KO Counts. See some more details about the KO/Death system below:
Upon reaching 0 hit points your character gets knocked out(KO'd). The KO timer is based on character level as follows:
When KO'd by creatures:
- Level 1 to 5 - 30 seconds
- Level 6 to 10 - 40 seconds
- Level 11 to 15 - 50 seconds
- Level 16 to 25 - 60 seconds
When KO'd by players:
- 120 seconds at all levels
After regaining consciousness, your character will have 1/2 of their hit points and mana, and have full stamina.
1. Have a friend help you up by using bandages. This can save quite a bit of time and will avoid a KO Count.
NOTE: To revive a player who is knocked out, double click your bandages and target their unconscious body. This is different from traditional UO gameplay, where you would use bandages on a ghost.
2. Wait out the KO timer. This can take longer(depending on level), but you will also be given a short invul period(5 seconds) afterward where your character cannot be hurt.
Getting knocked out in the world leaves your character feeling physically drained and weak. As such, upon regaining consciousness there is a 2 minute period where you receive "KO Sickness". These are the penalties:
- Unable to mount
- 1/3 loss of your dexterity and intelligence.
- 0% Chance to defend against a ]grab
This sickness lasts 2 minutes.
Death occurs when another player beheads your unconscious body, or by being knocked out while you have KO Counts accumulated. The only way to be resurrected is to find a player healer and have the resurrect spell cast on you, or to find an ankh in the world.
- Red-named bosses have a base 30% chance to kill players, without any KO counts.
- If you die, your corpse does NOT decay. You will be able to recover it at any time by returning to the spot where you died and collecting your belongings. Monsters do not loot equipment.
NOTE: It is a good idea to turn on the option in Razor to create a waypoint when you die. That way you can find your way back to your body easily.
A KO Count is gained whenever a KO'd character regains consciousness by allowing the KO timer to elapse. This can be bypassed by having a friend help you up with bandages before the timer had elapsed. By having KO Counts, players have a chance to be killed when knocked out. The chance is 2% per KO Count and is checked when regaining consciousness through the KO timer. 1 KO Count will decay every 12 hours.
A Death Count is gained any time your character is killed by a player or creature. There is currently no penalty/mechanic for having Death Counts. 1 Death Count will decay every 24 hours.