A Knight's Journal

The place for in-character stories, events, correspondence.
Shadowbane

A Knight's Journal

Post by Shadowbane » Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:58 pm

Having recently arrived in Mercadia, Edana to be exact, I have quickly realized that coming home was the best choice I've ever made. A once noble city, filled with virtue and a strong faith has been brought low. Where once proud banners waved, now empty flagpoles remain. The walls are falling into disrepair and one no longer hears the sounds of a patrolman during the late of night.

There is no government anymore, no laws, people do what is right by their own eyes and moral code.

There is one who attempted to make a push for the crown, a lord Dralic. But I fear he has fallen by the wayside with his followers.

This morning I was woke to the sound of alarm bells. Some brave citizen was able to get to them with his last breath. Once again the undead assaulted Edana. Crawling up from the flagstones, summoned by their master's pentagram of blood.

For what seemed an eternity, I battled. Alas, Milo my horse was felled from beneath me when a lich lord absorbed his essence. Three I killed in the tavern, Maria survived, having hidden behind the bar. Four more outside it, and three by the gates of Edana. The square was crawling with them. Seven fell beneath me, but was too late to stop them from killing four citizens. I counted seven dead citizens across the city but I suspect we will find more as the day goes on.

Now I must go and help burn and purify the corpses. May the gods give me the strength to help these people.