Arandor has a new Queen

The place for in-character stories, events, correspondence.
Saffron45

Arandor has a new Queen

Post by Saffron45 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:22 pm

She stood outside the door leaning against the wall, giving a big sigh she stares at her feet. What felt like a 1000 minutes had gone by the door finally opened. She slowly lifts her head titling it to the right.. "It is not looking good Siora.. his wounds have proven fatal... not much time left now." Siora sighs again and nods. "You may go in an see him..." Siora pushes herself off of the wall with her foot, taking a deep breath she slowly enters the room. She makes her way to the bed where you see the near lifeless body of their
King Aithlin. Wounded in battle he was struck in the chest with a deadly poision, his time was coming to an end.

She stands beside the bed resting a hand on his shoulder, by now other members of council have entered the room. They gathered around his bed to hear
his last words. The feeling of grief started to overwhelm everyone in the room as he spoke, their great leader and protector was
now fading away before their eyes.

There was a important decision that had to be made before the King took his final breath.. who would be the new leader? When the King started to fall ill to his wounds Siora started stepping in to help, whether it was decisions of council, defending the intruders coming into the city, battle planning, etc... Not expecting Aithlin to succumb to his wounds, no one did.

His time was fast approaching and the voting had begun... Arandor would have a Queen, the first Queen in hundreds of years. Queen Siora Elaran. She took a deep breath and raised her hand to take her oath. She was now Queen, she became overwhelmed with feelings power, fearlessness, and also sadness.
Before his final breath she leaned in close to his ear " I will do my best to be the best leader I can be using you as the example, I hope to make you and everyone proud. Farewell mighty King Aithlin, may the gods treat you like one of their own." She kissed him on the forehead then took his hand and waited.

It was only a few minutes before his eyes shut for eternity, a blanket was places over his face when the time came. After saying a few more words Siora left the room,
" Queen Siora" she whispered to herself as she left his home....