Relentless - berserker feat idea

Post your ideas and suggestions for the shard here. Make sure it wasn't posted before. Be as detailed as you can be.
Furio

Relentless - berserker feat idea

Post by Furio » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:52 am

Hello there

I know I'm still new to the server, not even a month old yet so if my thoughts are not really matching the other feats or is perhaps out of line, please do let me know.

The original idea isn't even mine, so shout out to original creator, Talom. I just thought posting the idea here on the forums would make it easier to track down suggestions than the discord channel.

Without taking any longer, here's the suggestion:

Relentless - A feat for the berserker class that aims to keep his focus, which is to be aggressive while also giving some survivability, which seems to be lacking for the class right now and as stated before, the class is currently quite frail. The feat would give a "shield" to the berserker everytime he hits his opponent that would stack up to a maximum, much like the cleric healing gives around 60 or so when he heals, the paladin shield that instantly gives 100+ or even the kensai mana shield, so the idea of adding some sort of ablative temporary extra HP without actually changing the real HP is not new to the system and I'm not sure if other classes got it too.

The numbers could be changed to make it useful without making it overpowered. Perhaps five per hit up to a maximum of a hundred and fading out after one or two minutes without attacking. Or perhaps it could scale with his levels, both how much he gets per hit and how much the maximum is.

Again, the idea of it is to keep his aggressive nature, the more he attacks the more he keeps going on.

Also part of that suggestion is that since, at least in my point of view (please do correct me if I'm wrong), this is a kind of necessary ability for the berserker, this ability should replace the Tactical Assessment feat when the berserker subclass is taken, which seems to be, as the name says, a more tactical kind of ability which doesn't really suit the berserker to stop and analize the enemy.

Thank you for your time and please do let me know your thoughts either here or on discord.