Layer Level for Clothing Only

Post your ideas and suggestions for the shard here. Make sure it wasn't posted before. Be as detailed as you can be.
Roula

Layer Level for Clothing Only

Post by Roula » Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:31 am

Purely cosmetic, but would love to see a layering level ability for clothing only. Obviously, not for armor or for types of clothing that would give boosts or mechanical aid.

This could be achieved by having a drop down menu for clothing to set the layer. Single click and one can choose to raise or lower the level. Or, if you want to be more fine-tuned, have it so that a gump appears allowing you to select the exact layer you want. (Ex. Setting a doublet to the outer most layer, or to the inner shirt layer.)

Or

Change the layer of certain tops to better levels.

Examples:

1. Banded top, buttoned shirt, patterned shirt changed to normal shirt layer (from their current tunic layer).

2. Pirate shirt, Fitted Surcoat changed to outer layer (robe layer).
Numeia Vadu
Simone Thierry
------------------------
Discord: Morde

Arcanion

Re: Layer Level for Clothing Only

Post by Arcanion » Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:14 am

I'd endorse this! It would allow you to create the kind of outfits you like to see. Whether that is for casual wear, formal occasions, or special events that do not require you to wear your full combat kit.

And since it would be just regular clothes, it would be purely cosmetic. Armor, artifacts or 'plan' quality equipment should indeed not be re-layerable.

I have no doubt that it would require some work, but it is possible to do. I have been on a couple of shards in which you can re-layer a piece of clothing by opening its context menu by single-clicking it, and clicking the 'Layer: (display current layer)' option. Selecting this would pop open a small window in which you can pick a new layer for your piece of clothing from a list.